Our client is a global, privately held commodity trading, merchandising and distribution company. Due to growth they are seeking an Executive Director of Project Finance and Development. This person will be responsible for execution and capital sourcing for strategic projects related to the global growth of the business. This person will be responsible for building out team resources as required.
- Directly report to the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer
- Work directly with key employees in the Business Units, in connection with the financing of new investment opportunities and management of approved projects
- Design the best finance model for each capital based project and seek funding of same through external and internal equity sources as well as debt at the lowest possible cost.
- Assist the Investment Committee as well as the BOD with financial evaluation of proposed projects as well as suggestions and recommendations with respect to the best possible way to fund such projects.
- Maintain ongoing communication with senior management regarding corporate goals and objectives in regards to capital investments, including but not limited to current capital budget, minimum required ROI, maximum pay-back period, etc.
- Regularly report to senior management and the Investment Committee on the status of funding, the available financial structure and the cost (equity and debt) of pending investment proposals, including among other details, the timeframe for the development of same, and the expected date of closing.
- Participate directly with Finance Department in coordination of project finance with existing revolving credit facility and the group of lenders associated with this facility
- Maintain network of contacts at financial institutions which actively participate in international project finance, including but not limited to commercial banks, private equity groups, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, etc.
- 10 plus years of experience in developing, structuring and obtaining finance (equity and debt) for international capital investment projects
- Extensive network of contacts at financial institutions which actively participate in international project finance, including but not limited to commercial banks, private equity groups, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds, etc.
- Required Language: English - additional languages a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to perform complex financial analysis and effectively present results
- Effectively prioritize workload between several projects including the ability to take on new projects and shift priorities on short notice
- International travel is required and anticipated as 20-30%, across broad geographic regions