Due to growth, our New York City based financial services client is looking for a talented analyst to join the Higher Education team. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and presenting data to rating committees as well as partnering with the surveillance team to monitor and update transactions accordingly.
About the Job:
- Perform private/public higher education credit/bond structure analysis
- Prepare credit submissions and present transactions to rating committees
- Participate in the development and publication of higher education and other rating methodologies, individual transactions reports, and special topic and market commentaries
- Partner with the surveillance team in monitoring and updating ratings on existing transactions
- Represent company by speaking and attending bond industry and higher education sector conferences.
- 6-10+ years of experience performing credit analysis on municipal credits at a rating agency, financial guarantor, buy-side firm, credit research firm, banking firm or commensurate experience
- Transaction analysis experience, including analysis of bond structure and accounting analysis
- Revenue bond experience with the private/public higher education bond sectors and other municipal sectors required
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Writing samples will be requested