Our client, a well-established global investment management firm, headquartered in New York, is seeking an Associate Product Manager to manage marketing programs that support sales and communication efforts for exchange traded funds, one of their flagship businesses. The Associate Product Manager is a member of the product management team who reports to the Marketing Director but works directly with the various ETF product managers. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an intelligent and creative thinker with good communication skills to develop their knowledge of investment funds and product management experience with an asset management firm.
About the Job:
- Assist in developing strategic/tactical marketing plans.
- Manage communications including development, production, and periodic update of fact sheets, commentaries, educational materials, press releases, web updates, emails, video scripts regulatory materials, etc.
- Coordinate eMarketing and outside vendors to manage the planning, development and execution of monthly webinars/conference calls.
- Coordinate creative development of advertising among the product managers and the advertising agency.
- Work closely with public relations agency to implement media plans and programs.
- Gather, analyze and report on metrics for all relevant marketing related activities: makes recommendations based on findings.
- Work on special projects, typically with marketing focus and primarily related to assigned products or channels.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in a marketing or product function in a financial services company or investment management firm.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Creative thinker with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity and desire to learn about investments and investment product distribution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact effectively with all levels of staff, clients and vendors.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and capacity to learn new software systems.
- Bachelor Degree with superior academic performance.
- Must obtain Series 7 license within 6 months of joining the firm.