Due to growth, our client, a global financial institution located in New York City, is looking for a talented professional to add to their Asset Securitization Group. This is a very successful, well established business with a long track record in structured finance, providing credit and commercial paper programs to consumer and specialty finance companies. They focus on financing transactions backed by a full spectrum of asset classes including esoteric and plain vanilla assets such as mortgage loans, trade receivables, lottery receivables, structured settlements, rental car leases, insurance agency receivables, etc.
About the Job:
- Plan, coordinate and ensure all due diligence assignments and reporting is completed in a timely manner with results documented and tested.
- Conduct or assist in all phases of upfront and ongoing due diligence reviews of clients and portfolio performance. You will:
- Plan and execute the engagement;
- Coordinate with third parties;
- Develop standard procedures for each client and conduct fieldwork reviews;
- Track due diligence activities;
- Report findings to internal and external management; and
- Analyze and revise asset coverage.
- Research, compile and present pertinent business information, identify key risks and due diligence objectives, propose enhancements to program structure and/or client controls to mitigate the Bank’s exposure with minimal supervision.
- Extensive client interaction and domestic travel.
- Portfolio Surveillance / Credit Monitoring:
- Review and supervise monitoring and reporting activities on all key aspects of the bank’s multi-seller asset-backed conduit, including trading data, asset balances, underlying portfolio defaults, and other critical data.
- Compile key portfolio data over the life of each transaction for use in future credit reviews.
- Report monthly on significant trends and/or non compliance of loan covenants to the head of internal due diligence as well as the origination team.
- Assist deal management team in confirming portfolio data.
- 7+ years of related industry experience including credit related experience (emphasis in consumer/commercial financial products a plus) and surveillance or audit experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) for both internal and client interaction
- Proficiency in Excel, Lotus, Access, PowerPoint