Our client is a global asset management and investment advisory firm with innovative
approaches to the market resulting in attractive results. Due to growth, the investment
team is seeking a talented Structuring Analyst. The position is based in New York City.
About the Job:
- Reporting to senior management, the structuring analyst will be a critical member of the
- team responsible for creating, developing, and executing structured products across asset
- classes both for our client’s own investments as well as in connection with raising third party
- capital. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building analytical models to evaluate the merit of particular product and
- transaction ideas
- Building cash flow waterfall models for those products/transactions
- Structuring highly complex structured transactions such as cash and synthetic
- CDOs/CLOs. Experience in structuring other types of ABS, MBS and CMBS
- transactions very desirable.
- Building rating agency models in Excel to run scenario analysis for the rating
- Maintaining relationships with structured product rating analysts and staying
- abreast of their methodologies.
- Taking conceptual ideas for structures and creating models to analyze risks and
- values of particular structures and products.
- Verifying models with the accountants and investors and providing cash flow and
- scenario analysis as required.
- Working with embedded derivatives and modeling and analyzing derivatives in
- structured transactions extremely helpful.
- 3 -7 years relevant experience.
- Academic degree with focus on math or engineering.
- Advanced modeling skills in Excel required; C++ Programming skills desirable.
- Knowledge of markets and interest rates, hedging, derivatives, etc.