Our client, a large global quantitative investment management firm, based in the New York metro area is seeking an experienced investment writer to work closely with the Director of Marketing Communications to write compelling copy to help drive the marketing function, working closely with senior management, both on the investment and distribution side, to lead an integrated marketing strategy for the firm.
About the Job:
- Write strong, compelling copy on a wide range of investments topics for institutional and retail audiences
- Develop content for sophisticated, research-driven communications to help drive sales
- Produce analytical white papers, thought leadership materials, marketing campaign deliverables and website copy
- Contributing to other key projects, such as ongoing content development for strategy profiles, pitchbooks and RFPs
- Supplying idea generation, along with development of investments-driven communications to further elevate the firm’s brand
- Review marketing material and RFP language created by other Marketing team members, adding value through constructive comments and recommendations
- Collaborate with product management and investments to write Prospectus/updates
- Properly set and manage expectations of internal clients, eliciting necessary information to develop effective marketing solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, Marketing or Journalism major strongly preferred)
- 5-7 years or more experience in a Marketing or Writing position in the financial services industry is required
- Deep knowledge of investment strategies/products
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with data
- Must have the ability to interact on a peer level with the investments team as well as provide editorial expertise in the development of investment-oriented materials
- Needs marketing savvy and ability to conceive and deliver copy that has a positive effect in the sales cycle
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments concurrently and complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement
- Ability to develop effective internal/external working relationships
- Exhibits leadership qualities, self-confidence in one’s work, must be a problem solver as well as a team player.
- Ability to work under time pressure and manage competing priorities
- During peak production periods the individual may be required to work after regular work hours
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org