Job ID: 02458
Our client, a global financial services firm is seeking a Portfolio Risk and Performance Vice President to join their firm. The Portfolio Risk & Performance Vice President will perform qualitative and quantitative monitoring of our client’s equity investment strategies, including mutual funds, variable insurance trusts, exchange traded products, closed-end funds, managed accounts, and unit investment trusts. This position is located in New York, NY.
About the Job:
- Work with Technology and Operations teams to develop a tool to automate the production, archival, and distribution of daily risk reports for 200+ portfolios.
- Conduct real-time monitoring of portfolio risk profiles and performance relative to benchmarks and peers; alert management to changes in risk profile and emerging performance concerns.
- Develop and produce standardized reports for all investment strategies managed or advised by the client, including in-depth performance analyses and portfolio risk analysis.
- Manage the design, production, and automation of quarterly risk and performance reports.
- Review quarterly board reports to identify strategies which may require further analysis and discussion with the relevant board.
- Conduct a regular, structured survey of all external sub-advisors and their parent companies on an annual basis, highlighting any material changes since the prior review and maintain regular contact with sub-advisors to monitor changes between reviews.
- Review of product suites (i.e. mutual funds, ETFs, CEFs, SMAs, UITs) relative to those of individual competitor firms and the industry at large, with the objective of improving the competitiveness of the breadth and depth of our product offerings.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed on a variety of investment strategies and market niches.
- Bachelor’s degree required advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in investment management industry.
- High level of proficiency in Bloomberg, Excel, and PowerPoint. Zephyr, FactSet, and Matlab experience a major plus.
- Understanding of portfolio risk management concepts for equity portfolios.
- Broad understating of various asset classes, investment vehicles, and investment strategies.
- High level of knowledge in statistical concepts and analysis.
- High level of understanding of financial accounting, financial modeling, and valuation methodologies.
- High level of understanding of database design and use, computer programming, and system design.
- Familiarity with quantitative investment strategies and techniques.
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, and extended hours as required.
- Willingness and ability to work constructively and collaboratively with others.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job ID 02458